Solar HeatingActive Solar System / Passive Solar
Ground Source Heating Systems
- Heat Pump
- Air to Water
- Water to Water
||Ned Forde's Boiler Service and Safety Inspection Promise to You|
|For energy efficiency|
|In Case of Gas Emergency|
|Start saving money now!|
||Water Saving Tips - Water Efficiency in the home|
Ned Forde's Boiler Service and Safety Inspection Promise to You:^^back to top
- We will check your gas boiler, controls and components.
- We will clean vital parts, help prevent carbon monoxide incidents and improve gas efficiency.
- Improved efficiency will reduce your gas bills.
- We will check for scale damage to your boiler and system.
- We will check your radiators, radiator valves and exposed pipework for leaks and corrosion.
Boiler Maintenance^^back to top
- All gas boilers should be serviced in compliance with its manufacturers instruction.
- A regularly serviced boiler is a safe boiler just like a NCT on your car.
- A regular serviced/maintained boiler is less likely to breakdown.
- Ned Forde Ltd. only use quality approved engineers.
For energy efficiency:^^back to top
1. Have the Boiler Serviced annually - the summer is the best time. All Service Engineers are extremely busy during the winter and many will be reluctant to call during this period.
2. Are the timer/ programmer set correctly? Is your thermostat set too high and possibly save you €€€€€.
3. Fit thermostatic radiator valves in all rooms to allow you to control temperatures - don't heat up rooms unnecessarily.
4. Ensure all pipes are lagged/ insulated correctly.
5. Insulate your loft - most heat escapes through your roof.
6. Check for drafts around windows/ doors & letterboxes and insulate if necessary.
7. Older boilers can be inefficient - modern combination or condensing boilers are much more energy efficient.
In Case of Gas Emergency:^^back to top
If you believe you can smell gas:
- Turn the gas supply off immediately at the meter com.
- Extinguish all sources of ignition.
- Do NOT smoke.
- Do NOT operate electrical light or power switches.
- If necessary, ventilate the building by opening windows and doors.
- Ensure access to the premises can be made.
- Call 1850 20 50 50
There are a number of cheap and easy energy efficiency measures which you can take in order to make your home energy friendly. In taking these simple steps you'll not only save money but you'll also be helping to save the environment.
Start saving money now!^^back to top
- Don't leave your appliances on standby. Turn the TV off if no one is watching it.
- Replace three regular light bulbs with three energy saving ones.
- Close your curtains at dusk to stop heat escaping through the windows.
- Defrost your freezer regularly to keep it running efficiently and therefore cheaply.
- Try to only use your dishwasher and washing machine when it has a full load.
- Only heat areas of the house you use, for example turn off the radiator in the spare bedroom.
- Place an insulating jacket over your hot water tank. This can save up to €130 a year.
- Don't overheat your home. Turning your thermostat down by one degree can reduce your fuel consumption by around 10%.
- Only fill the kettle with just enough water for your required needs. You'll get your drink quicker and you'll save energy too!
Water Saving Tips - Water Efficiency in the home^^back to top
Conserving water in the home not only saves you money, it also helps to protect the environment.
On average, we all use 160 litres of water a day in the home for cooking, drinking and washing. Modern appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers can assist us with our daily chores, but use large amounts of water. By making some small changes in our daily routine, we can start to save water in our homes.
Approximately 80% of household water use is at the washbasin. Don't leave the tap running while you brush your teeth, shave or wash your hands as this can waste up to 5 Litres of water per minute.
A 5 minute shower uses about a third of the water of a bath:
- A bath uses 80 Litres
- A shower uses 35 Litres
Spray taps typically save up to 80% of the water and energy used with standard pillar taps.
Each cycle of a washing machine uses up to 100 litres, so make sure you only use your washing machine when you have a full load.
When purchasing an appliance, choose one that is water efficient.
Wash your car with a bucket and sponge. A hosepipe can use up to 100 litres of water an hour.
Leaking taps - one drip per second wastes 15 litres of water per day. Drips can also stain your bath or sink and the tap seating could be permanently damaged.
- 150 degree water scalds in just 1/2 second!
- 140 degree water scalds in just 1 second!
- But it takes four minutes for water at 120 degrees to scald.
Where is heat lost in the home?
Hot Water Cylinder
As much as one quarter of the heat lost from a house can be lost through the walls. Properly insulating walls can reduce this by two-thirds.
Badly fitting windows and external doors can account for more than one-sixth of heat loss.
Website by Solasweb